I have to say I’m thrilled that this time around Typhoon is playing their LA show at a larger venue. The band rivals the Duggar Family in size, and the last time they were in town they played the Echo, and frankly, I was a little afraid that one of the members was going to fall off a stage of that size.
This Portland, Oregon band released their fourth full-length album, White Lighter, this past summer after recording it in the natural, inviting open spaces of Pendarvis Farm outside Portland (home to the Pickathon Festival). The album’s themes include life, death, and the uncertain emotional states between the two, i.e., the type of material that perfectly suites Kyle Morton’s formidable and weary voice.
Typhoon is currently touring in support of White Lighter, and as their name indicates, the group’s live shows are a wave of sound that will have you marveling at the musicians’ skill at orchestration and arrangement. They will be hitting LA’s El Rey Theatre on March 6th with Los Angeles-based bands Miner and Line & Circle supporting, and LA Music Blog just so happens to have TWO pairs of tickets for said show to give away to some lucky fans!
Just do any (or all) of the following to enter this ticket giveaway:
1) Leave a comment below this post. Simple as that!
4) FOLLOW LA Music Blog on Twitter, then send us a tweet using the hashtag #LAmbTyphoon.
Yup, that’s six chances to win! But for those who miss out, don’t fret. Tickets for the show are still available. Good luck!
For more info:
- Hudson Mohawke and Zomby involved in fight at London nightclub
- Kaiser Chiefs and Bill Nighy write modern day war poem
- Insane Clown Posse find new home for Gathering Of The Juggalos festival
- Thurston Moore hits out at feminist site following criticism of affair
- Drenge: 'Our new material has a lot more choruses'