In the ever-growing list of albums that are great to listen to while driving down the Pacific Coast Highway with the top down, Real Estate’s excellent 2011 effort, Days, is a more-than-worthy entry.
Since releasing their biggest commercial success to date, the New Jersey band has been fairly quiet…until this week, when they announced the release of Days’ long-overdue follow-up, Atlas, along with North American tour dates.
Atlas will be released in the US on March 4th through the Domino Recording Co. and will be accompanied by a tour that will bring Real Estate to Los Angeles’ lovely Fonda Theatre on March 11th. Tickets for that show are available.
In the meantime, the band has also released a brand new video for their single “Talking Backwards,” which you can watch below. It’s been a long wait since Days, but now we already have all the Real Estate goodies we need for this year.
01. Had to Hear
02. Past Lives
03. Talking Backwards
04. April’s Song
05. The Bend
08. How Might I Live
For more info:
- Hudson Mohawke and Zomby involved in fight at London nightclub
- Kaiser Chiefs and Bill Nighy write modern day war poem
- Insane Clown Posse find new home for Gathering Of The Juggalos festival
- Thurston Moore hits out at feminist site following criticism of affair
- Drenge: 'Our new material has a lot more choruses'